Friday, October 2, 2009

Well hello there, world!


Wow.  My very first blog.  Exciting stuff.  Well I suppose I'll start off by telling you a bit about myself.  Thats me up there ^^^^^  :o)
I am a hard worker.  I often try to take on more than should be humanly possible, but somehow manage to finish everything on my to-do list at some point or another.  I don't get enough sleep, and am often most productive at night.  I like to think that thats when the rest of the world is asleep and all the ideas are floating out there for the taking.  Night time is just a good time to get stuff done, and still have fun.  There is just something rewarding about knowing that nearly everyone else is asleep and I'm being productive, getting a step ahead.  The nighttime can cause craziness sometimes.  And thats where the fun comes in.  Hence the name of my blog: Sunlight Nights.
I like art.  Actually, I love art.  Art and design and photography.  I love being creative.  I love the accomplished feeling of a successful project, and the impact I can make on others through art.  The whole process of design astonishes me: brainstorming, ideating, planning, sketching, computing, critiquing, producing, and enjoying the final product.  Its very rewarding.  It makes me crazy but keeps me sane.  That is the definition of love, isn't it?
I have a great appreciation for unaltered nature.  I've discovered this through photography.  When outdoors taking photographs, I often search for a frame of the world that shows the least human impact on nature.  But I also find beauty in the contrast of the two.  I admire the little things, like a flowered weed growing from a building's crumbling wall.  I'd like to think that nature will take back what is hers in the end; that all of mankind's destructive ways will someday be erased.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kayd! And thanks for the post on the AIGA blog :o) You rock.

    ReplyDelete